Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on here ever worked for a funfair??

Options
  • 20-10-2021 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭

I have and the wages food wash conditionens were truly horrendous.....

Unless you were family or related u were treated like shite no matter how many years you worked with them, then again there relations wouldn't work for them,nuff said........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

worked the rollercoaster, it had its ups and downs...

Never worked in a funfair or circus. Kinda always wanted to - for a few months at least. I did end up in an hours long conversation with a guy who trained the tigers in a circus to do all those kinds of cute and terrifying tricks they do and it was deeply fascinating. Some people have the concept you can not train wild animals to do tricks - but it was great to spend hours talking to a guy "in the know".

I know all the concerns people have for the well being of animals in circuses - and I share them - but talking to that guy did still give me a hankering to spend a few weeks or months working in/with a circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

An ex grew up in a circus. She turned out to be a well-rounded individual. She left the lifestyle when she was old enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Once for around 2 weeks when I was 16.

It was a family run set up, and was grand, settled traveller lads who were OK to get on with, once you could take and give a slag.

Mind you, ride safety and maintenance has since then always made me question getting on a fun fair !

Advertisement