Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a surf board - advice

Options
  • 19-10-2021 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi folks,

I was hoping to get some advice. I did some surfing during the summer and really enjoyed it (still a beginner tho!). I'm hoping to surf a couple of times a week for the next few months and would like to buy a surfboard. Not sure if I should get a foam board or something like the Tahe Bic 7'6 Mini Longboard Surfboard?

I'm not expecting to become advanced that quickly but would like a board that would be ideal for developing my skills and starting to turn a bit, etc.

Also, how dangerous is Doughmore beach? Never been there but was thinking of going there every now and again. From looking online, it seems to be dangerous. I'll surf alone the odd time and in general, I'm quite cautious in not rambling out too far and keeping an eye on the currents.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Yeah - I'd stick to less remote places for the time being. Doug is a class break but can get very rippy and once you get dragged out, very difficult to paddle back once you dragged beyond the breaking waves - consider staying to places with surf schools for the time being.

Best of luck with the new stick and consider lessons for bens surf clinic

Advertisement