Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

M tec trailers

• 18-10-2021 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ Charolois 19

Hi all,

Anyone know much about the above? Looking at a 5x10 gp, made up in cavan, the look solid, rated for 2 tonne, have a indispention to trade against, Just find the 8x4 a little tight especially trying to get of the quad in it , or any other recommendations to look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭ Limestone Cowboy

I bought an 8x5 one a few months ago. Can't fault it. Knott axles and hitch and led lights. Friend has a tuffmac and I think they are a bit better built.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ Charolois 19

Thanks limestone cowboy, sorry did you mean the mtec or tuffmac was better built ? I've no mad heavy work for it, odd load of 804 or bags of fert, but the extra bit of space would be wild handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭ Limestone Cowboy

I think the tuffmac is bit stronger. It has solid folded sides on it. Mtec is awful easy pulled though, wouldn't know it was behind the jeep when it's empty. Have brought a few pallets of cement and bales of blocks in it and it has been grand with it. Has the mesh sides and ramp too. Really handy for the quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭ Dunedin

Anyone know anything about the Kelly 8x5 trailers. They’re a good bit cheaper than the M Tec.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ AckwelFoley

I don't know of any manufacturer in Ireland called Kelly.

Have you any information? Web link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭ Dunedin

I bought the m tec after so never followed up with the kelly one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ AckwelFoley

Good stuff. They're pretty new to the business but are very fast growing family business - particularly because of demand and keen price. They're not the same, but the Irish producers are filling a gap that ifor Williams are leaving behind due to incredible delays.

8 x 5 is a really useful size trailer.

Advertisement