Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting TV to stereo

• 18-10-2021 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, mods please feel free to move if not.....

I have a relatively new TV (LG webOS), maybe two years old, and a fairly elderly, but still working perfectly, mini hifi (Yamaha MCR-550).

I had my previous (non-smart Samsung) TV hooked up to the stereo, and the sound was fantastic.

I cannot for the life of me get the sound on this new one to go through the stereo, no matter what I do. All the cables were transferred from the old TV to the new one, all the connections look correct as far as I can tell, but no sound, no joy.

The sound on the TV at higher volumes is really poor, it just seems to top out at a fairly mid-level - so I'd love to get this sorted - can anyone advise me??? (I know that's not a lot of info to go on, but I'm so non-techy that I don't know what else I can add).

It has occurred to me to just get a sound bar for the TV, but I don't really want to spend a couple of hundred quid if I don't actually have to - and the stereo is sitting there, and worked perfectly in the past..... why won't it connect to this TV???

Can anyone help me??

Comments

Advertisement