Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any point to thanks on social media

Options
  • 17-10-2021 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Does it mean anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

Not in the grand scheme of things no, but younger people get off on it. My younger sister was annoyingly elated when Yung Blud liked her comment on Instagram. Then there's the narcissists, the less said about them the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

What do the narcissists do

Do they get thanks or thank people

Tik Tokkers are a good example. Attention craving idiots making stupid videos that make you cringe uncontrollably. Usually lots of shouting involved. Or those who take pictures of their food for Instagram, or those that post comments on Facebook that they are sad or depressed. Jaysis if that's the case then call a friend and meet up don't post it fishing for likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

yes, to get a quick dig in, by thanking the enemies of your enemies.

i thought that was the whole point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you run a small business or are some form of artist like; make up artist, photographer, beat maker, DJ, graphic designer etc.

Some people looking to possibly use your service will look at your metrics like number of followers, likes on recent posts and read some of the comments to try to gauge for popularity and quality or your work and use that to steer their decision on weather or not to hire you and how much to pay you.

So to some degree it matters to some people. The vast majority is just ego stroking though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

What ths hell kind of question is that op?

How do you measure your worth as a human then? Go on, tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

On boards it's useful because it prevents tons of "I concur" posts. But I don't like places like reddit where the poster depends on thankswhoring in order to prevent their posts being buried

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There s millions of tik tokers making videos every day , some are good, bad, mediocre, the Irish tiktoks I have seen are just awful , pointless or stupid I think the sea shanty tik Toks are quite entertaining

You might as well say all pop music or country music is awful since the average teen is not talented or funny of course most of them are not worth watching like 90 per cent of books are not worth reading

I just look up best tiktoks on YouTube i don't use the app

Advertisement