Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Phone on Constant Restart Loop - Oppo Realme 5 Pro

Options
  • 17-10-2021 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello,

My phone is an Oppo Realme 5 Pro

On Friday evening (15 October) I got a notification to update the operating system from Android 10 to Android 11. I have updated several Android devices before with no issues at all.

I scheduled the update for Sunday morning (17 October) for 2am. I had the phone charged in overnight to ensure I had plenty of battery when the update occured.

From 3am onwards the phone has been in a constant restart loop (i.e. only goes as far as the phone logo screen and switches off again).

Some options I have tried:

Press & Hold Power button (Not Working).

Try to enter Recovery mode i.e. Press & Hold Volume Down and Power until device boots up in Recovery screen (Not Working).

There is a lot of valuable photos on the phone that I would be very thankful to recover again. It would be a pity if I couldn't get them but if I could get the phone back working again that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭krusty411

Might be no harm going to the xda forums and posting your problem there if you still haven't gotten the bootloop sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Connect your phone to the usb port on a PC/Laptop and then try the boot into recovery.

Advertisement