Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

14 holes from tomorrow

• 15-10-2021 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Down to 14 holes in our club from tomorrow and the clock hasn’t even gone back yet!

Interested to hear if any other clubs have finished with 18 hole competitions from this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bank Holiday weekend ends with a 3 person scramble on the Monday - I’d say 9 and/or 12 hole comps from there then (which in my opinion is enough for winter golf anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

No issue with after the bank holiday but in effect we’re losing two weekends of 18 hole competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Still 18 holes and qualifying at our place this weekend just past.

However all fairways are being sanded from today onwards so i expect that to be the end of qualifying. It's rare qualifying goes so late into the year at our place but the weather has been relatively kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

Placing on fairways started the weekend just gone and I think we're down to 14 from next weekend. Seems about right to me, there's no run on the ball now, and that tells its own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭boccy23

Temporary greens are cut but we're not playing them yet.

9-hole comps once the hour goes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Last qualifying round was sat but last 18 this sat. Course being Hollow cored and sanded so will be placing next sat. Than 12 holes from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

9 hole comps from 7th November

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

We do winter Qualifying opens at our place so 18 holes all year around. The winter league is 15 holes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Our winter league is starting first week of November and down to 14 holes.

Still qualifying now but fairways heavily sanded and local rule brought in to allow lift, clean and replacing the ball.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Our place doesn't reduce the holes in winter apparently. Not sure if they run comps all year round, but still going at the moment anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement