Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16 October 2021 - Champions Day. Featuring the battle of Murphy & Buick for Jockeys' Title

Options
  • 15-10-2021 5:57pm

And a winner for Spud in the last at Haydock to pull 3 ahead! Scoreboard for today reads Murphy: 2 winners, and Buick: 1 winner..

A couple of early picks for Ascot..

Balmoral H'cap 4.30 SUNRAY MAJOR 5/2 Boyles.. Even bet365 haven't stuck their necks out, and have him the same price.

An uninspired pick here, and the short-priced fav. I'm hoping he will be the proverbial 'Group horse in a Handicap' . Has won 3 of his 4 starts, and on all 3 of them, the daddy of them all Lanfranco has been on board. Will hopefully make it 4 out of four for the combo tomorrow. Won lto over 7 at the course, and it was obvious 2 out that he was going to hack up. Race was ran in a moderate time for the distance, but he didn't set the pace ☺️ It was on similar ground, and I'm hoping he can be just as good, or better, stepped up in grade tomorrow. He has also won over a mile before (on his first ever start as a 3yr old last year). Short as he is, I don't see him getting any bigger.

2.00 NANDO PARRADO 66/1 PP, Boyles.. plenty of 80s with the online books.

Just a hopeful pick this. Something will surely fill one or more of the places (or win) at a massive price, and I'm giving Clive Cox's 3yr old colt a squeak here on account of him being a C & D winner from his 2yr old days. Hasn't done much since winning at the course in June of last year, but I won't get poor backing him at his available price.

Gluck ☺️

Comments

1.25 Ascot 2 ew picks in this

There might be better horses in this race, but BERKSHIRE ROCCO @ 16/1 generally is competitively priced here, and is very good each way value in the Cup. I can't see Trueshan winning this, and at this level I feel he wants softer ground. Looks very short at 7/4 anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes off at carpet, or bigger, unless plenty of rain comes. Buick's mount Hamish @ 4/1 gen has never won (or ran) at this distance, so it's not hard to overlook him too. Stradivarius @ 4/1 is not getting any younger, but is sure to have his supporters, and I can see him going off shorter than the 4/1 readily available currently. I also think Joey O'Brien's Baron Samedi, the current 4th in the betting, may be found wanting. Another one at a massive price that might be worth an each way go is Willie Haggas' ROBERTO ESCOBARR @ 50/1 PP.

In the 1.25 Ascot I see Trueshan is now a generally best priced 11/8 shot.. I'm not on Betfair (would join up, but I'm not that savvy when it comes to uploading the necessary documents online) , but, for me, he's a mudlark, and has never won a proper race on decent ground..

To that end, I reckon he's a 3 and 4 place lay proposition at about 1.3 and 1.2 respectively (if I'm reading the odds right on the aforementioned site)... I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes well down the field... If those indeed are the prices, then they definitely represent value to the discerning punter, who's not following the hype 😆

Gluck to anyone backing or laying today who reads/posts on here ! 😊 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Cheers for posting your picks , followed you on whats the WiFi code yesterday great shout thanks!

Thanks 😁

Hope my luck's in today too... 😊 Can turn quickly tho 😅

Going appears to be softer than I thought 😕 Getting my excuse(s) in in advance 😊

• Advertisement

Got that all wrong ☹️ Jolly wins easy.. Not even a place from my 2 picks... 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Come on The Queens Jock and jolly SNOWFALL Win in the next to keep my SCOOP6 bet open...

Bravo to Marco Ghiani and his apprentice title from a nonracingbackground he flourishes hopefully into a championjock in thenext 5years

3.10 LORD GLITTERS 80/1 ew PP, Boyles

Beaten just under 6 lengths in this last year. It's a quality field this year, but he's drawn a lot lower this time (in stall 3 as opposed to 13 last year). A big priced speculative ew poke .. Will hope to say him staying on late at least.. Softer ground might help him in his old age 😊

ah I'm out of the WIN section of scoop 6 but might still get a small fav place return...

• Advertisement

Crow pants on fire BAAEED WIN in the next at Ascot🔥

He's a great jockey on his day is Crowley.

Yep he's full of weetabix today!

1/7/9/10/15 to place in leg6 for place return on SCOOP6

e/w Raiseyou in lucky last at Ascot, 4 winners and a third but unlucky in my placepot as I went for outsiders in leg1...

not sure Nugget was 4th is the tote/scoop6 paying 4places or 3... means I either get the placepart*1 or by*2

20 runner Handicap... So surely 4th (where he finished) position counts for placepot purposes, as 16+ runners in the race..

No joy for me in that race sadly... Fav was nowhere near good enough today...

Think Crowley's mounts won over £1,000,000 today in win prizemoney 😲 !! .. And about £60,000 in place money.. A nice payday for Jim if he's getting 10% 😊 Although all of the 'win' money was on Shadwell horses (wonder if he's retained by them, and do retained jocks get a percentage... I presume they do)

8.30 Wolves

TOPLIGHT @ 11/2 is twice a c & d winner, and can run a hold up race from stall 9 to be the fastest of this bunch from A to B. A very fair price for the win.. Other recent winners, I feel, are making him a proper price, but for win only on the selection, I think Toplight is exceptional value.

Good luck

^^^

Ran a decent enough race, but not good enough on the night... Only 4th

edit maybe 5th - either way, he didn't win

• Advertisement
Advertisement