Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar for room with an echo

Options
  • 14-10-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi everyone, hoping someone has some suggestions.

Have just bought a new TV for a new house. Happy with everything but having some issues with the sound, the general recommendation seems to be a sound bar.

Now I have no idea about this, they seem to range in price from €30 up to thousands of euro. Ideally I would like to spend as little as possible but obviously no point in buying crap that doesn’t help the situation.

I’m honestly not looking for amazing sound but the room has a bit of an echo - I’m sure as we acquire more possessions this will improve anyway :) .

This echo means that sometimes dialogue is lost which is super frustrating - So really I’m just looking for something simple that will help make the sound more clear, the big difference between cheaper options and more expensive ones seems to be watts but not even sure if that is relevant for me.

Can anyone recommend something in the €100-€200 range that might help?

Is this any good?

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems-and-sound-bars/sony-ht-sf150-2-0-sound-bar-10176938-pdt.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Does your tv have Bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Yes it does - or I could connect through hdmi if better

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

What kind of flooring do you have? If its wood/laminate/tile then a rug might be of benefit to reduce sound wave reflections. Not sure any soundbar will of itself do anything for the echo, although a higher end one with room correction software might help.

Thanks Dan

its a wood floor, put down a rug and it has helped a bit alright.

ya I’m worried that buying a cheap soundbar won’t really make any difference. Hoping the echo will go as we add more furniture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement