Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 15 October 2021

Options
  • 14-10-2021 5:12pm

Just to kick proceedings off..

Have one picked out in an egg and spoon tomorrow. Best priced 5/1, but the race aint really priced up yet. It's upped in trip to 10fs for the first time ever.. Only a few books have it priced up according to the 'leading odds comparison site' 😆, so will put it up at 6.30, or after.. By no means a strong fancy; just getting thread going is all...

Comments

I guess it's popular everywhere 😎 What's the link (that I won't be clicking on) about Brad?

4.55 Redcar

WOTS THE WIFI CODE 5/1 PP , Boyles (6s with bet365, who often seem to be top price, but that's no good to me)

This is the one I was on about earlier yesterday, and am posting now; unlike half six 😂 (yest eve) - like I said I would - as was unable to, through no fault of me own, owing to well documented issues with the site etc etc . Runs here in a 10f female amateur jockeys' race. Has never raced beyond a mile, but has had a win and a couple of places recently at that trip. Seems to do his best work late on, and the ground (good - good to soft in places) should be fine.. Looking at his win in an apprentice Handicap in August, it looks as though he won't be that hard of a ride for the very inexperienced jockey Chelsea Brooks; who hasn't had many rides so far. Has shaped in some of his outings that trips north of a mile could be within his compass, plus he's only 4, so time is on his side. Is deffo not unexposed at the trip. A lot of the other horses don't appear to have great chances in this either. Gwan Chelsea!

2 hopeful/speculative ones coming up.. Whether or not they're massive-priced 'win only' (cos they're potentially out of their depth) propositions, they're ew prices, so will do em thusly,,,,,

4.05 Haydock

UZINCSO 50/1 PP

A big price, and a hopeful pick. Has ran well before after an absence. 5 years old and has had plenty of goes on the AW, but not many on turf. Tackled 10fs the last twice on turf; both of which were on good ground, and on both occasions the trip seemed to stretch him. Softer ground, plus the shorter 1 mile trip, I feel, should be more suitable. He came third this time last year at Yarmouth on heavy over today's trip . Difficult to predict how he'll race tomorrow, but I'm guessing he may try to make all (if his last 2 races were 'trial runs' 😋) under "The Sniper"... Will not be too disappointed if he doesn't go well, but there are reasons to be cheerful re his chances, and the price makes a lot of appeal.

2.20 Haydock... A wide open race, and cases can be made for plenty. I could pick six, and not get a winner, so just the one, at a price.

NEVER DARK 16s PP, Boyles

A last time out winner. Has won three times over 5f, but can be given a chance here over 6 on the soft ground. Will potentially try make all utilising his lowish weight. Last year's winner Air Raid (who goes here again carrying top weight) won this from the 3 box, and that's the same stall the selection runs from. A winner on soft and was beaten just over a length at Course and Distance 2 runs back (on good to firm, but it shows he has a liking of sorts for the track).

ew pokes the above...

Gluck!

No joy with Never Dark in the 2.20. Was hoping the jockey would utilise his horse's 5f speed, and try make all.... Never rated that Andrew Mullen anyway..

A decent ride by Chelsea to win on Wots The Wifi Code in the 4.55 ret at a tasty enough 8/1 😊

Advertisement