Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoogerheide CX World Cup - worth a visit?

Options
  • 13-10-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Any cyclocross fans ever gone to watch the racing at Hoogerheide? I'm thinking of heading out this coming January for the last round of the CX World Cup. It's being held one week before the World Champs, so hopefully there'll be a strong field looking to fine tune their form. It's also van der Poel's home town, so there should be a good atmosphere about the place too.

Anyone got any tips or advice on where to stay/how to get there? The town itself looks tiny, so Antwerp seems like a better base for the weekend, only an hour away on the bus.

Cheers,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Friend of mine went out with a few others a few years ago. Said he never saw so many people drunk in the middle of the day 🤪. Said it was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭pairofpears

I would go to it. Get a car and you can drive out to other places. We went to Koppenberg in 2019 and it was a great day out. Drove out from Ghent, got bussed in closer to the race and spent the day enjoying the races and the food. Neither of us drink but we still enjoyed it and the kids loved it.

If you make a long weekend out of it you can see more of Antwerp. Just remember to bring a good warm rain coat, wet trousers, wellingtons or hiking boots as some coursers like Koppenberg are in farmers fields and it can get muddy.

I wanted to catch a race this year but other stuff has got in the way but would recommend going to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

Great, thanks for the tips guys! I was at the worlds at Valkenburg in 2018, so I know all about the cold and mud! The disco tent was a great place to take shelter from the snow...

Advertisement