Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business possibilities

Options
  • 13-10-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi,

I am considering starting a heating and plumbing company as I am a plumber. I have some questions about it though.

I am also an engineer and currently work as one.

However, can I set up a business while on the PAYE system? To get things moving before jumping back into the plumbing.

Is the sole trader or Ltd company a better route for me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

can you come and do a job that 3 plumbers have told me for the last 3 months that they'll do it next week?😁

you can be self employed and paye at the same time, as long as you tell the revenue. I'd say sole trader until you hit a certain revenue level that makes it worthwhile to move to ltd company, but you'd need to check with an accountant. Get an accountant (once you've got a regular income from the plumbing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andyd12

Hi, if you can pm me, I could certainly look at the job.

OK for example... Can I claim vat back on diesel, tools etc if also on the PAYE system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Probably best to ask in the plumbing forum as there are many self employed plumbers there that can give you first hand knowledge

https://www.boards.ie/categories/plumbing-heating

Advertisement