Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter tax and insurance lapsed during Covid. What should I do.

Options
  • 13-10-2021 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So we’ll m a provisional licence holder for a 125cc scooter. During Covid the insurance and tax expired, and given I was working from home (and still am) both lapsed/expired and I didn’t do anything. What do I need to do to activate. My provisional licence is still in date, but I did t certify the scooter was off the road. With everything going on it slipped my mind.

Post edited by Corkboi1984 on

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,312 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ermmm renew it????

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Corkboi1984

Question really is, will I have to back date my tax to when it expired as I didn’t mark it as off the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Once the scooter has not changed ownership (cough cough) when you go to tax it you will also have to pay for the back tax along with the new tax term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

There will be a "back tax" element when you are taxing it again. It works out at €67 for the year and €6.70 per month in arrears so you should be able to work that out reasonably OK yourself.

To reactivate your insurance, just contact your insurance company and look for a quote. They should have a record of your no claims bonus if any, and can apply that for you. Otherwise, get some quotes from other insurance companies and see how you fare.

Post edited by Miscreant on

Advertisement