If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Site valuation

  • 12-10-2021 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37 Philcan

    I need to get a site valued for stamp duty purposes (being gifted the site and planning to build a house on it).

    So these are probably stupid questions but

    1.) who is best placed to do the valuation? An estate agent?

    2.) Do I need to provide the valuer with a detailed site map? If so where do I get one? Do I need to engage a surveyor or an engineer of some sort?

    Site is not registered with the Land Registry. Would the Registry of Deeds help?


  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ ifeelstupid

    1. Yes, you will need to get a qualified valuer - usually an auctioneer or estate agent to carry out the valuation.
    2. You will need to have a Land Registry compliant map drawn up for the transfer. You should give a copy of this map to the valuer and the original map to the solicitor dealing with the transfer of the land. If you are going to go straight to planning stage, you should engage engineer/architect who will advise you on the site requirements in your area. They will also need Land Registry compliant maps for your planning application.