Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need belongings gone

Options
  • 11-10-2021 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

hi all,friend of mine has had an awful time with domestic abuse/violence etc,i wont go into details, anyway on 01/10/21 he was made sole tenant of their council house,needless to say he is delighted,and wants to make a new start,the ex still has about half of her belongings there, has anyone any idea how long before he can tell her to take the lot,he wants to re decorate,and wants all her stuff out,she does not seem to be making any attempt to move it,thanks all

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sorry to hear your friend is in that situation. Not much of a legal issue to me here. He should pack up the stuff and let the other person know it will be left outside for them to collect from x time on y day and anything still there 24 hours later will be brought to charity shop or otherwise disposed.

Give enough notice of the time and day (say a week's notice) and there can't be too many complaints of unreasonableness.

If he doesn't want to or can't contact her directly, get word to her through a friend/family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Another option is to transfer all items to a storage facility and pay for the first months storage. He can then give the receipt to the ex and say , once the month is up you will either have to collect or pay for further time else the goods will be disposed of.

Advertisement