Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another question regarding canyon sizing

Options
  • 10-10-2021 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have a flatbar road bike/hybrid/thing, a cube sl road race 2018 (50cm in cube sizing). Ive had it close to 2 years and i really enjoy it. I think i want something a little lighter, with drops though and am looking at the canyon endurance 7 al disc

The sizing is confusing however. Canyon recommend the 2xs for me (inside leg about 740mm, height about 1640). When compared with my current bike the 2xs canyon seems very small. Im unsure if the drops vs flatbar make a direct comparison impossible however, and am asking for views from more experienced folk.

The below screenshot shows the reach, stack and standover height of the canyon 2xs, xs and my current bike. Based on this, it looks like i might fit the xs better, but as i dont have experience of drops, perhaps the more compact 2xs is actually better.

Would anyone have any advice if the measurements are comparable from flatbar to drop and regarding canyon sizing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roman.chernia

I recently got Endurace CF8 in size XS - it has the same geometry as AL7. This bike does not come in 2XS for some reason. I have the same inseam as you do and I was worried it'd be too big for me.

The bike fits perfectly - I put the seat post 2 cm up.

Advertisement