Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi A2 Lite

Options
  • 08-10-2021 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a pixel4A from a link posted on the vodafone bargain alerts. - thanks to the OP over there.

I put my xiaomi away in a drawer until today and want to give it a try with a new SIM, When i turned it on - its asking for a PIN.

There is no sim card inside and i've tried any PIN no's that would have been used previously, it wont allow me to start it up.

After 3 or 4 failed attempts it prompts me to restart phone - Basically locked out - Is there any way around this?

Anyone else have this happen.##TIA

its now telling me it will be wiped after 9 more attempts. i dont mind if it is wiped. thats what i was about to do with it before giving it to someone.

Will wiping it allow me access? Does anyone know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Put the new sim in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

tried that. still asking me for a pIN,

tried 2 sims too. still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try 0000.

done that too and 1234

its saying "your device will be wiped after X more failed attempts to be unlocked.

i dont care if its wiped to be honest, there is nothing of any value, i just want to be sure i can get access and get a new user into it

• Advertisement
    M

Was the phone purchased unlocked originally or locked to a network?

originally purchased from euglobal, prob 2 or 3 years ago. wasnt locked as its a global version

M

I've seen cases before where the phone locked to the network of the first SIM that was used but even if that was happening here no prompt should come if there's no SIM inserted, I'm out of ideas I am afraid.

Advertisement