Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for teaching jobs for the NEXT school year?

Options
  • 07-10-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello! I am an American who recently received my Irish teaching license. My original plans to teach in Ireland in 2021-2022 didn't work because Covid-19 slowed all the bureaucracy involved in getting the license. So I'm currently in America, with a teaching job for this school year.

I want to get the ball rolling for the 2022-2023 school year, as I will need a work visa and other such paperwork. However, all the jobs on educationposts.ie are for this year, and I see no way to submit any applications or express interest in working at a future date. I was thinking I could send emails/letters to school admin but wasn't sure if that would accomplish anything or be considered appropriate.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

It used to be the done thing to send in letters to schools, but at this stage, all appointments have to follow the rules and be seen to have followed procedure.

i would imagine most schools will not know what their needs are until much closer to the time, so there won’t be advertisements until they do. Jobs advertised in April/May are quite often jobs which have someone in place, jobs advertised during the summer are more likely to lead to employment. So basically, you will have to leave it til the summer.

Advertisement