Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a thread..?

Options
  • 07-10-2021 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I was reading a thread on here recently where users wer talking about family disagreements, and on occasions like funeral etc.. but can't rem what thread it was and can't search for it on this "new" site - anyone know what thread I am thinking of? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm finding the best way is if you know the thread title is to put it in to Google and add Boards.ie. So for example if the title was Agro in families if you put in to Google "Agro in families" boards.ie in most cases it should find that thread in the first few results. Using the search on the site is useless, it can't even pick out thread titles for recent stuff post the migration.

Failing that it was probably in After Hours or Personal Issues, might be able to run through the thread titles quick enough there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Post edited by AllForIt on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

so can 1 of you wizards find the thread I am talking about? I am not tech savvy.. oh god be with the days when the search function use to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

The search within forum is the tool that I miss most.

have to wonder when “they” were assessing new platforms, why did no one do an actual functional test and find out that the search functions are worse than thumbing thru an encyclopedia britannica (1957ed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can you remember the username of any of the posters?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You might also try exploring your browser history, not sure if that's searchable?

Advertisement