Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Can someone recommend me a spin bike?

• 06-10-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭ tajd

I’m new to this and I’m sick of my treadmill and wanting a change.

I don’t know which one to get in 5ft 11 if that helps and is there one you can sync to your iPhone or Apple Watch for calories etc

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭ CantGetNoSleep

Can't recommend one but would advise against, a spinning bike on your own at home is incredibly boring in my experience and nothing like the experience of a spinning class. Much better off going for a smart home trainer (assuming you have a bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭ Outkast_IRE

If you have lots of spare cash - Peleton . If you dont then as above if you are near anywhere running classes go to them its a much more enjoyable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭ tajd

I’m looking for Magnetic spin bike just for home use whisk watching tv can someone pick one out for me please

I saw a nice one in elverys but has no display monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Londonirish72

Many modern indoor bikes are ‘smart’ in that they connect to iPads, phones or smart TVs so you use them in conjunction with a third party app (Zwift, Trainer Road, Rouvy etc) so they don’t have their own screens which is probably a good thing for longevity. I have a Wattbike which I love and use a lot but it’s probably too much of an expense for someone who is not too into cycling.

As others have suggested try a spin class or two to see if you will actually like indoor cycling and to give you a feel for various bike types.

Advertisement