Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend me a spin bike?

Options
  • 06-10-2021 9:14pm

I’m new to this and I’m sick of my treadmill and wanting a change.

I don’t know which one to get in 5ft 11 if that helps and is there one you can sync to your iPhone or Apple Watch for calories etc

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can't recommend one but would advise against, a spinning bike on your own at home is incredibly boring in my experience and nothing like the experience of a spinning class. Much better off going for a smart home trainer (assuming you have a bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If you have lots of spare cash - Peleton . If you dont then as above if you are near anywhere running classes go to them its a much more enjoyable experience.

I’m looking for Magnetic spin bike just for home use whisk watching tv can someone pick one out for me please

I saw a nice one in elverys but has no display monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Londonirish72

Many modern indoor bikes are ‘smart’ in that they connect to iPads, phones or smart TVs so you use them in conjunction with a third party app (Zwift, Trainer Road, Rouvy etc) so they don’t have their own screens which is probably a good thing for longevity. I have a Wattbike which I love and use a lot but it’s probably too much of an expense for someone who is not too into cycling.

As others have suggested try a spin class or two to see if you will actually like indoor cycling and to give you a feel for various bike types.

Advertisement