Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allan Carr online seminar

Options
  • 05-10-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note as to how I went form 20 a day to not touching one for the past 3 months, more importanty, having no want to go back.

I have to preface by saying I was sick to death of smoking and well and truly ready to quit for various reasons, although could not bring myself to do it. I'm 40 next week and had promised myself to be smoke free by that date for the past years (I also made the same promise to myself at the time of my 30th) my daughter is old enough now to know smoking is bad and seeing me was starting to upset her. That aligned with the most God awful head cold the week I gave up made for good motivation.

To get the job done I attended the Allan Carr online seminar. At 6 hours long and $700 AUD it is a large undertaking but personally I needed something more drastic than chucking them in the bin.

It was long and honestly sometimes tedious but at that price you have to stay the course to give it a chance. There was no eureka moment when it was all over, a little underwhelming if I'm honest. But with no fuss and no drama, I have not smoked since. I can stand beside a smoker, have a beer or seven, enjoy a meal etc, all the things we marry up with having a fag and no issue.

The only thing I have done is my weight has shot up, I've put on about a stone and a half very quickly, although I'd happily be a bit heavier and not smoke. Plus I can shake that off now the weather is improving where I live.

Its just somewhat sub consciously I think I feel like I'm missing out on a treat and I'm eating alot more garbage than I ever did, its a strange one but fixable.

All in all, if you a serious about quitting, I think its a lot of money but purely from a financial standpoint, I'm up money at this stage, and what price could I place on increased health. Its a great system, I dont exactly know what they do specifically but it worked for me.

Advertisement