Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Sale Typical request

Options
  • 05-10-2021 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

We are selling our house and the purchaser solicitors has asked for two things, which I thought was unusual

1 - The purchasers wish to inspect the house the day before the closing date

2 They want us to service & get certified our gas boiler before closing

Are they standard requests now?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Inspection is pretty standard, they want to make sure house is still in same condition as when previously viewed and that all your belongings are gone, e.g. not leaving a load of rubbish in attic or that

Gas boiler inspection hadn't heard of before, when was it last serviced? maybe give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Maybe they don't want to get left with a boiler that's on the way out and will cost them a couple of grand to get sorted?

Hardly something to go back on a house sale over.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭terminator74

two months after we moved into a new home the gas boiler had to be replaced .....wish I knew that before moving. I think your prospective buyers are just being diligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,103 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

They can ask, but if the contracts are signed, I’m not sure what they can do if you decline both requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

But not so 'diligent' that they included the boiler cert as a condition of the purchase. Sounds like they got advice while sitting on a bar stool. They cant start throwing in conditions that are not in the contract.

We're in a seller's market so if I was the OP, I'd call their bluff, say I had a new offer and was prepared to let them walk away from the deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement