Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing International Post delays

• 23-12-2020 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

I sent packages just over 4 weeks ago to Canada, with an post, have given up hope they’ll be delivered by Christmas. Someone else sent ones the week before me and they haven’t shown up
    Either.

Edit!! Arrived this afternoon! Christmas eve- Down to the wire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone after sending packages to Germany? Sent mine about 4 weeks ago now. No sign. Fairly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anyone after sending packages to Germany? Sent mine about 4 weeks ago now. No sign. Fairly shocking.

I sent 3 parcels on December 2nd. 2 arrived on the 16th, 1 on the 30th.
    Also sent some cards to Germany around the 8th, half arrived before Christmas the others are still missing in action.

I sent 3 parcels on December 2nd. 2 arrived on the 16th, 1 on the 30th.
    Also sent some cards to Germany around the 8th, half arrived before Christmas the others are still missing in action.
    There's some fairly valuable clothing items in our one and no sight so far, raging to be honest.

There's some fairly valuable clothing items in our one and no sight so far, raging to be honest.
    Just to add to this, parcel was sent on the 8th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭newbie18892

Update: A Christmas card I sent to the Netherlands in December 15th arrived yesterday. I'm still waiting for my parcel from the U.K. though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

I have the same issue with a letter sent to France. On the 7th of December I sent the letter to France with Express Post. On the 11th of December my letter was sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 but today my letter is still in Dublin!

I have the same issue with a letter sent to France. On the 7th of December I sent the letter to France with Express Post. On the 11th of December my letter was sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 but today my letter is still in Dublin!

That’s shocking, unacceptable really

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Was your letter scanned since the 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've a package that I posted on 30th of November and it's sorted since the 3rd, it's still in Dublin. I'm having similar issues with a package bound for Germany too. I was on to customer service twice and they're absolutely useless.

They're saying it's a backlog because of the coronavirus. I posted other items to France in early December and they have already arrived. I asked how can a similar size package that's posted later arrive earlier, they had no answer. They couldn't even tell me when they would leave Ireland but I'm hoping it's sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I sent an Express envelope to the US on the 3rd of December which hasn't been scanned since the 5th in Dublin, almost a month ago. Normally express takes 4 days max. I'm having to give a full refund and take a loss on that one.

I sent over about 1500 orders in small envelopes (standard post) in the weeks coming up to Christmas. More than half to the US. Some from late November/early December are still only turning up now. The quickest that's arrived so far is from the 12th of December I think. Some from early November never arrived so I'm having to refund or replace them.
    For some reason, around the 3rd of December dispatch date seems to be a black hole. Loads from that date are not arriving. Same date as my Express one that completely disappeared.

Germany seems to be the worst in Europe, followed by Italy and Belgium. I have lots of Germans emailing me even today and I'm asking them to wait another week before I replace their orders.

Canada is just as slow as the US but Canada Post are slow in normal times. At least Canadians are generally polite about it.

Asia and Australia, nothing seems to have arrived yet but that's to be expected with minimal fights and they're all understanding too.

I've had this small business for almost 10 years and it's the most stressful time I've ever had. Some people are lovely and patient (I did warn them all that this might happen), while others are absolute demons. So many Karens. I'm giving refunds most days which is pretty painful and I'm scared to reopen now and have more issues so I'm shutting down for January at least.
    I hope things start to improve and that all of these delayed orders are not actually lost for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Was your letter scanned since the 11th?

No. It was the last scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

le_girl wrote: »
    I sent an Express envelope to the US on the 3rd of December which hasn't been scanned since the 5th in Dublin, almost a month ago. Normally express takes 4 days max. I'm having to give a full refund and take a loss on that one.

I sent over about 1500 orders in small envelopes (standard post) in the weeks coming up to Christmas. More than half to the US. Some from late November/early December are still only turning up now. The quickest that's arrived so far is from the 12th of December I think. Some from early November never arrived so I'm having to refund or replace them.
    For some reason, around the 3rd of December dispatch date seems to be a black hole. Loads from that date are not arriving. Same date as my Express one that completely disappeared.

Germany seems to be the worst in Europe, followed by Italy and Belgium. I have lots of Germans emailing me even today and I'm asking them to wait another week before I replace their orders.

Canada is just as slow as the US but Canada Post are slow in normal times. At least Canadians are generally polite about it.

Asia and Australia, nothing seems to have arrived yet but that's to be expected with minimal fights and they're all understanding too.

I've had this small business for almost 10 years and it's the most stressful time I've ever had. Some people are lovely and patient (I did warn them all that this might happen), while others are absolute demons. So many Karens. I'm giving refunds most days which is pretty painful and I'm scared to reopen now and have more issues so I'm shutting down for January at least.
    I hope things start to improve and that all of these delayed orders are not actually lost for good.

If you are sending 1500+ items surely you should be keeping a very close eye on every delivery announcement both here and in the countries you are sending to.

Germany suspended ALL shipments from Ireland and UK a week before Christmas (loads of media coverage) and the USA has been an issue all year.

An post use airmail, so with massive curtailment of flights, there are massive delays.

You need to understand this and your customers need to understand this too.

If you are using standard post I'd be saying 2-3 weeks delivery for Europe and 4-6 weeks delivery for USA until more normal flight schedules are in place

As for Australia, forget it.

Darc19 wrote: »
    If you are sending 1500+ items surely you should be keeping a very close eye on every delivery announcement both here and in the countries you are sending to.

Germany suspended ALL shipments from Ireland and UK a week before Christmas (loads of media coverage) and the USA has been an issue all year.

An post use airmail, so with massive curtailment of flights, there are massive delays.

You need to understand this and your customers need to understand this too.

If you are using standard post I'd be saying 2-3 weeks delivery for Europe and 4-6 weeks delivery for USA until more normal flight schedules are in place

As for Australia, forget it.

I'm fully aware of all of that. I'm simply sharing my experience and giving feedback on post delays on a thread about post delays in case it's helpful for someone?

I spent hours every day contacting every customer to make them aware that delays were likely. Some people don't care and will blame me regardless. I wish it was as simple as you make it out, but it's just not. Even if these issues are not the fault of An Post or anyone in particular, it's still a nightmare situation for some small businesses.

I'm fully aware of all of that. I'm simply sharing my experience and giving feedback on post delays on a thread about post delays in case it's helpful for someone?

I spent hours every day contacting every customer to make them aware that delays were likely. Some people don't care and will blame me regardless. I wish it was as simple as you make it out, but it's just not. Even if these issues are not the fault of An Post or anyone in particular, it's still a nightmare situation for some small businesses.

You and others will save a lot of hassle by informing customers of delivery delays at every stage of the order process.

Front page, delivery page, order page and also on the order confirmation. A few minutes of work will save you an huge amount of grief.

And at 1500 packages in December, I presume you have an account with an post and get bulk rates, label printing and free tracking?

If not, get onto them now and organize it. You will also get information directly about service interruption and your own account manager who can chase things up if required.

You and others will save a lot of hassle by informing customers of delivery delays at every stage of the order process.

Front page, delivery page, order page and also on the order confirmation. A few minutes of work will save you an huge amount of grief.

Yes, that's pretty obvious. And exactly what I've been doing all year.

I'm not asking for and I don't need any business advice, not really what the thread is about and pretty patronising to be honest. Just sharing my experience (as I have a lot of it) on some timeframes for recent delays in case it helps someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I psoted a parcel to Mexico on 18th of December. The tracking page hasn't updated since that day. It just says that it was accepted at the GPO, which was done by me. Literally nothing else. 2 emails to an post have been ignored.

What should I do guys?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I psoted a parcel to Mexico on 18th of December. The tracking page hasn't updated since that day. It just says that it was accepted at the GPO, which was done by me. Literally nothing else. 2 emails to an post have been ignored.

What should I do guys?

The live chat function on the website during business hours generally seems to be a faster way to speak to someone, rather than email. They weren't able to hep me out very much but maybe they'll have more insight than your tracking page shows.

Yes, that's pretty obvious. And exactly what I've been doing all year.

I'm not asking for and I don't need any business advice, not really what the thread is about and pretty patronising to be honest. Just sharing my experience (as I have a lot of it) on some timeframes for recent delays in case it helps someone.

I certainly wasn't patronizing, but you have gone on about having to deal with hundreds of customers regarding delays and refunds and if you have done all you said, then you should just point it out to them that you published the info about the delays and refuse a refund.

On internal post, delays have all but gone. We had near 70% delivery on Thursday of last Wednesdays dispatch, but international airmail is still particularly bad especially around Europe. (UK seems to be OK)

I certainly wasn't patronizing, but you have gone on about having to deal with hundreds of customers regarding delays and refunds and if you have done all you said, then you should just point it out to them that you published the info about the delays and refuse a refund.

Refusing a refund to someone who has been waiting weeks longer than normal (no matter how much you warn them and keep them informed, even the nicest people are losing patience) means that they can file chargebacks, open cases and leave negative reviews. On sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy, etc that's massively damaging, will undo years of hard work and can get your accounts shut down overnight.

You're simplifying it way too much with the most obvious advice as you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm done "going on" about it now (not patronising, really?) and will let the thread go back to the actual relevant source of info that it was before you chimed in to mansplain my own business to me.

miggle wrote: »
    In fairness to An Post they are doing a fantastic job when you consider the colossal increase in mail this year.
    They've never once lost a parcel on me.

I've had 3 vanish into thin air just this winter. They're a joke.

Have a parcel bound for Mexico on the 18th of December. Haven't had a single update yet other than they accepted my parcel from me at the GPO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

hi there,
    In general i buy on line all the time and rarely run into problems. I posted a package 11th of December to the uk via An post (item being returned for a reefund). It was sent standard post, so no tacking number (my mistake). Clutching at straws but any idea as to what to do? The vendor on the other side has been most helpful but the package just has not arrived. Value of around 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

International mails continue to experience delays.

https://twitter.com/franmcnulty/status/1348622349579526144

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I'm having the same problem, posted items to both the UK and Belgium start of December via regular post, still no sign of either. Lucky for me the items weren't very expensive, but obviously things are still majorly delayed. I posted an item to the US track and track, 31st December and it's still 'in transit' and not picked up by USPS yet. So delays all around it seems.

An post latest news update

https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/News-update-%E2%80%93-Monday-11-January,-2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Looking for some advice

On 8th January I went to my post office and sent a parcel using a German company’s pre paid return slip. It was free for me and DHL we’re named on the logo but the slip was for the post office.
    When o track it I can see is been accepted at the post office but hasn’t moved. I couldn’t get through on the phone but did live chat with anpost. They said it will be in our depot but hasn’t been scanned yet so we can’t track it. It’ll eventually be scanned but if I fill out an online enquiry they may help. The online form was sent Friday 15th and it says it can take up to 60 days.

Surely this is unacceptable and I shouldn’t be expected to wait? Anyone know what I should do?

The package contains an IPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

Sent something to Greece over 4 weeks ago. Stuck in Heathrow since then. Has anybody had something shift from Heathrow beyond 4 weeks or should I consider it lost? Is this normal?

Waiting exactly 1 month now for my parcel to arrive to someone in Mexico. Tracking page shows no information other than when It was accepted from me at the post office.

Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Waiting exactly 1 month now for my parcel to arrive to someone in Mexico. Tracking page shows no information other than when It was accepted from me at the post office.

Shambles.

Assuming its not priority mail and just regular mail, one month to mexico, over the christmas period, with COVID in play isnt totally mad. No idea what the mexican postal service is like. It can take that long to get to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I'm having the same problem, posted items to both the UK and Belgium start of December via regular post, still no sign of either. Lucky for me the items weren't very expensive, but obviously things are still majorly delayed. I posted an item to the US track and track, 31st December and it's still 'in transit' and not picked up by USPS yet. So delays all around it seems.

An post latest news update

https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/News-update-%E2%80%93-Monday-11-January,-2021

I posted something to the US mid November.
    The buyer was refunded in full by ebay end of December.
    Luckily the buyer was honest and repaid me once the item arrived in early Jan. Almost 2 month delivery whereas I've had items delivered to US before in under a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

Just to give an idea of a package sent to The Netherlands. I was so lucky the buyer was incredibly patient, otherwise I'd have had a refund to deal with.

24 December 2020 09:17
    We delivered your post NETHERLANDS

24 December 2020 08:29
    Your post is out for delivery NETHERLANDS

24 December 2020 08:04
    Your post is out for delivery NETHERLANDS

23 December 2020 21:19
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery NETHERLANDS

23 December 2020 21:18
    Your post is with our delivery partner in NETHERLANDS

23 December 2020 21:17
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery NETHERLANDS

23 December 2020 21:17

23 December 2020 21:16

23 December 2020 21:16
    Your delivery has been sorted in NETHERLANDS

23 December 2020 21:15

23 December 2020 21:14
    Your delivery has been sorted in NETHERLANDS

30 November 2020 21:43
    Your delivery was received in NETHERLANDS

18 November 2020 04:53
    Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

17 November 2020 01:02
    Your delivery has been sorted in PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

16 November 2020 13:48
    Your delivery has been sorted in WEXFORD D.S.U., CO WEXFORD

16 November 2020 11:53
    Your post was accepted in WEXFORD, CO WEXFORD

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

What was it doing resting for 24 days in Holland?

Advertisement