Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird USB Connectivity Issue with Car Stereo and Poco F3 Phone

Options
  • 04-10-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

Seeing a very weird phone with POCO F3 phone and built-in entertainment system in Dacia Duster (that entertainment system supports Android Auto)

• Previous phone was a OnePlus 5T - Android Auto and phone chargin worked fine worked fine. Actually Android Auto still works fine on that old phone, checked just now as I still have it
    • USB cable is good - used it with my OnePlus on Dacia entertainment system and with my Poco F3 on laptop for data transfer and on numerous chargers.
    • Now with the Poco F3 device and the good USB cable, USB connectivity is intermittent between phone and the Dacia entertainment system. This is for both charging and Android Auto - so effectively there is no connectivity, intermittent is being charitable 😀
    • Android Auto availability is being advertised wirelessly (i.e. I can see an availability notification on the phone) but I don't believe wireless Android Auto is available on the Dacia, so I need to connect via USB. Either way, even if wireless Android Auto is available, I should still have access to Android Auto via USB I believe.
    • I have seen some references to Android Auto problems with MIUI (the Xiaomi Android variant that that Poco F3 is running) on various forums but seen no resolution. In any case, this is a more fundamental USB issue. The MIUI version is MIUI Global 12.5.3 and the corresponding Android version is 11.RKQ1.200826.002.

Any ideas on this? This seems to be a very fundamental USB related software issue, since it impacts not only data but also charging.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

super_freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I can't speak to your exact problem, but it can still be an issue. I had issues with connection and my car, switched out a cable for a different one and it worked. Still use the first cable but in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've used multiple cables with the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Hi All,

To be a good Boards.ie citizen, posting here the steps that Xiaomi / Poco provided me with to resolve the problem. They worked too. Not too enthusiastic about having to enable developer options to get it working but I can live with it, I suppose.

1.     Go toSettings then AboutPhone.

2.     Scroll down and tap on theBuild Number 7 times or until it says "You are now a Developer."

3.     Go back toSettings and scroll down to System.

4.     Tap onAdvanced and select DevelopersOptions.

5.     Scroll down to Networking and look forBluetoothAudioCodec.

6.     SelectSBC then reconnect.

Thanks,

super_freddie.

Advertisement