Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2021 Playoffs

• 04-10-2021 8:12pm

Hopefully some discussion in this thread.

Anyway, I'm no good at putting together an Opening Post containing images, and the likes.

Lets just say, I'm excited about the playoffs this season.

The two wild card games contain, possibly the 4 biggest teams in Baseball

On Tuesday night (Wednesday morning if you want to be pedantic), we have the Yankees travelling all the way to Boston to take on the Red Sox (01:00 GMT)

And then on Wednesday, we have the winners of 90 games, St. Louis Cardinals travel to LA, to take on the 106 game winners, the LA Dodgers (01:10 GMT)

Both games could be epics.

My predictions are that the Yankees and Dodgers both progress.

Actually, my heart says that Dodgers progress, but I am a little frightened. There is too much of a narrative, in the fact that the Dodgers had the second best record in all of baseball, and might only get to play one game in the postseason this year.

Anyway, after the two WC games, we have:

In the AL:

AL WC winner vs Tampa Bay

Chicago vs Houston

In the NL:

NL WC Winner vs San Francisco

Atlanta vs Milwaukee

My predictions, as if anyone cares are as follows:

Wild Card Series:

Yankees 9 -2 Red Sox

Cardinals 2 - 4 Dodgers

ALDS:

Yankees 1 - 3 Rays

White Sox 1 - 3 Astros

NLDS:

Dodgers 3 - 1 Giants

Braves 3 - 2 Brewers

ALCS:

Astros 4 - 2 Rays

Braves 2 - 4 Dodgers

World Series:

Astros 1 - 4 Dodgers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Will try to watch as much of the postseason as I can ,October baseball is always a must watch. As always I think it's very difficult to predict .I think the Yankees beat the red Sox tonight these are the type of games Gerrit Cole was signed for .The cardinals have a great chance of winning in L.A tomorrow night there in great form and the Dodgers have some injury issues and also just because it's a wild card game and there usually chaos.

As for the rest of the playoffs who knows? You could make a case for almost everyone but I would love to see the giants win it all they had a great season when they wernt expected to do much . I would love to see some of the older guys like Posey and Crawford get another ring.

I love October baseball too, but the time difference makes it so difficult.

The further the Dodgers go, the worse my sleep gets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭boccy23

Red Sox eliminate the Yanks. Decent sized upset and shows the fickle nature of one game playoffs. Card may well beat the Dodgers tonight. You just never know in one game.

Whoop whoop. Got through the WC Game. That was my biggest fear.

Bring on those pesky Giants

Anyone see the Rays last night? Looked very strong against the Red Sox.

Arozarena stole home after already hitting a massive home run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Red Sox split with Astros in Huston

Back to Fenway for 3

Looks like the ALCS will be very tasty.

God I love Kike Hernandez. He was a wonderful Dodger, and deserves all the love he's getting in Boston

Braves up 1-0 against the Dodgers. Not too worried yet. Come back to me tomorrow morning.

All the "experts" were expecting a simple series for LA, and that could still happen, but realistically, the Braves should have knocked us out last season, and they're going to be very hungry

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Yeah, now I'm worried

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭cosatron

Do or die for the Red sox tonight. Going into the playoffs I didn't think the bullpen was strong but pleasantly proven wrong but the last 2 outings the pitching has being only average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Amazing how one pitch called a ball rather than a strike could swing the momentum of the Astros Red Sox series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement