Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musicians Inc at Drury Street in Dublin

• 04-10-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys

In 2005 there was very nice shop with musical instruments located at Drury Street in Dublin. It was called Musician Inc. I wonder if this shop is still there ? Please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,832 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Doesnt look like it... been a while since ive been down that way but on google maps streetview there is a different business there now...also there is no website that im seeing.

They were nice folks and particularly good value for the likes of accessories... cables, pedals, pics, bags etc... been there donkeys too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Long gone, pretty sure they had a shop out in Dun Lagaoire too.

That use to be a great spot for Music shops but a lot are gone now, off the top of my head Waltons, Musician Inc, Perfect pitch on Exchequer st and Rock Steady on South William st. Music Maker one of the few left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,832 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes even Waltons gone from Georges St... never a huge Waltons fan... they were really pricey for everything but they stocked everything which a lot of the smaller retailers didnt..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rapa

thanks for replies , where in dublin area one can expect decent range of electric guitars, amps etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

They're all spread out now.

Musicmaker, Exchequer St, City Centre.

Goodwin's, Capel St, city centre.

Some Neck, near Christchurch, city centre.

Walton's, Blanchardstown.

X-Music (the most direct successor to Musician Inc), Ballymount.

Jimi's, Ballymount.

They're the major ones off the top of my head. Definitely check out Jimi's if you're driving, and X Music is near enough to it.

If in city centre, check out Some Neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Musician Inc. is XMusic. Same owners, same staff. Good bunch.

thanks for replies

How far is it to Ballymount from city center ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Never used it, but I've heard it's one of the best.

• Advertisement

thanks for replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Walton's in Blanch is as joyless as is it was in town. I never get the impression they want to sell anything and certainly not to me. Decades going in and out of walton shops and I don't think I ever bought anything in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Bought my Les Paul off them back in 95. They were the only place you could really buy Gibson in Dublin back then. I went to the Blanch store out of curiosity a few years ago. Never again. What a pit.

Advertisement