Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Hiplok Airlok or equivalent?

• 03-10-2021 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭ CantGetNoSleep

I'm hoping to move house and one of the places I'm considering has a garage where I would keep three or four road/gravel bikes. I'm looking for an extra layer of security and the Hiplok Airlok popped up - essentially a locking wall mount. It can be found on sale for 130€ish.

Just wondering if anyone has used this or have any other ideas for extra security inside (beyond securing the garage itself or ulock/chain options)? I live in a high bike theft area so will also look at insurance as the four bikes would cost 10k to replace (if you can find them in stock)

https://hiplok.com/product/airlok/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭ iwillhtfu

They look like a handy unit but I'd rather spend more trying to make the garage more secure. Maybe a more secure cabinet in the garage to lock up the bikes where they wouldn't see or notice them.

I'd imagine any scumbag that gets as far as seeing a bike in one of these would just go out of his way mangling the frame to try get it out.

Advertisement