Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone disposal

Options
  • 02-10-2021 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Doing a clear out and found about five old mobile phones, including an android. Need to dispose of them - if I'm recycling locally, how important is it to wipe the phone memory? I can't even switch the phones on any longer and no chargers left for them - they lived a good life and died before I got the chance to reset! Could just bin them.but trying to be environmentally conscious.

Please advise, hope this is in the right place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Same question from me. Do DID and other WEEE outlets take old phones?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any and every WEEE centre will take phones. Random electrical retailers may not, as they are taking back equivalents of stuff sold to individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

As Above, you could drill a few holes through the circuit board just to be sure. May help.

Advertisement