Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic at Jack lynch tunnel

Options
  • 02-10-2021 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,could any one give me an idea what traffic is like on a typical Friday morning coming from Youghal at the intersection outside Cork and tunnel heading to the airport between 8 and 9am.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Honestly - try Google maps , you should be able to input a time , and it'll highlight any potential delays , at the moment I wouldn't think it'll be a long wait - traffic is moving pretty well heading westbound on n25 in the mornings at the moment ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Thanks for the reply,yeah,used that feature on the maps and it doesn't look too bad but I dont know where they get their info from.Be great to hear from someone who uses the road regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I drive past most mornings heading for town and the exit seems grand. Used to be queues before Covid so I reckon a lot of people who work out that directing might still be working from home.

Not sure if the roadwork on the other side of the tunnel are causing much delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pre Covid there were often huge tailbacks coming from the east but currently it's usually not too bad. Very bad coming from the north though - I suspect roadworks has lessened the amount of traffic coming from this side, in turn allowing more through from the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

They get their info from every smart phone on the road and how it moves , add that to predictions based on what happens every day, every Friday. . ect ect. ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

@Padraig mor and mordeith,thanks for the info.I'll leave a little earlier just in case😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gholohan

Coming from the Fermoy side what is best time to get through the tunnell without too much delay?

Advertisement