Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Pad Confusion

Options
  • 02-10-2021 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

Looking for some guidance on disc pad compatability.

Recently needed to change pads on a 2021 105 bike with hydraulic disc brakes. Outgoing pads were L03A with the fins. Couldn't get same again so shop put in K03S. I see some L03A available online so might buy them for future supplies.

Separately I have a 2019 bike with Tiagra Hydraulic Disc brake setup and I'm pretty sure rear pads are gone/going. Rather than have a load of shops tell me they don't have stock I'd rather just buy in advance. Bike spec says brakes are BR-RS405. Is knowing it's BR-RS405 enough for me to figure out which pads to buy?

I found this chart which seems to cover the topic in detail.

My questions

1) Am I correct saying any K03, K04 or L03 will do the job? Or is there more I need to consider?

2) Will both the 105 (above) and Tiagra hyd brake setup take both finned and non finned pads? I have found both L03A and K03S available online and based on the chart it seems to suggest both will work.

Thanks 🙂

Comments

Advertisement