Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Battery Life

Options
  • 02-10-2021 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

My Xiaomi redmi note 9 battery life has declined noticeably over the last few months and needs to be recharged on a daily basis even when the phone is hardly used at all. The only additional extras are a few apps that are not regularly used. Also I seem to get more and more google notifications on what might be of interest which could be draining the battery. Is it possible have apps and notifications etc at hand on the phone and only allow them to suck the battery when I want to use them? Or maybe there's something else that could be a drain on the battery? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

How long have you owned it? from new? I have the pro version for a year and not experienced this, mine can go for a few days on full charge, but then I'm not a very heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Logo

Hi, bought from new about 18 months ago from Amazon France. Overall I'm very happy with it. Talking to iPhone users it seems that daily charging is fairly common. I've always used androids and they've always lasted a few days before needing a charge. Maybe I've more apps etc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you had a look in Settings ->Battery & Performance, it will give you a breakdown of what percentage of the battery each application used, could help to pinpoint if one of them is responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I've noticed mine to be dropping faster than usual over the past few months too. Might get a day an half at most with extremely light usage. Screen seem to be the big hitter even though it goes off after a short time

On an unrelated note, I've just started experiencing the wi-fi dropping issue. Very frustrating. Haven't installed any new apps in a while so not sure how it manifested. Tried everything apart from factory reset at this stage but no joy

Advertisement