Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prix de l'arc de Triomphe 2021

Options
  • 01-10-2021 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

This is a good competitive looking Arc this year and there are a couple who would probably be above average winners. Tarnawa had a lovely run the last day and she would have gone close last year if she had ran here I'd have said. Either of the two godolphin horses will be big challengers.

I've a good bet on Raabihah here despite here draw. She is coming along nicely this season and this will be the long term aim. She won. Poor group 2 last time when she was stepped back up to this trip but she won with her head in her chest. She will be plum ripe for the day and expect her to outrun her odds. She was fifth here last year but was well beaten by Tarnawa when second as a short price in the 2020 Vermeille. That said at her price she's my pick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

It's a cracking Arc.

I can't be having Tarnawa at that price. As a 5yo she needs a lifetime best to win and I don't think she'll relish staying the Arc trip if it becomes a war of attrition on bottomless ground.

Adayar has so much going for him. He likes a cut in the ground, he has won two key trials and he's damn good. You won't get rich backing him but Charlie Appleby's horses have been miles better than the rest this season.

Hurricane Lane will like the conditions and has a great attitude, but his form is vastly overrated IMO. I think he drags Mojo Star back with him.

Snowfall, I wouldn't be too put off by her last defeat, she will be a different beast when everything is happening at full tilt. It's hard to separate her and Adayar but O'Brien's record with 3yo's in the Arc is bad.

I think that Love comes in to it if she runs at all on the likely ground. O'Brien was going through a quiet patch when she was beaten in the King George and she certainly wasn't stopping that day. There's more to her than that defeat.

Broome is a decent outsider, he was way below form in the King George and he's the kind that's hard to peg back.

The Japanese horses have the class to outrun their odds but it would be a bit disappointing if the top class 3yos in the race didn't have their measure.

Also the French horses should outrun their odds. Almost every year there are French horses involved at the business end of the race despite the French challenge having being written off before the race by English and Irish commentators.

It's got to be Adayar or Snowfall. Might back the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

D1 Longchamps bets total stake 90 over the following: e/w Lovechild, WIN Therevenant, WIN Trueshan/ e/wstratum, e/w Passion, e/w blacklivesmatter, e/w Saiydabad, e/w Pegasus, e/w Persian

30 smackers on Snowfall in the Arc, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Glass Slippers for me in 4:25, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Snowfall here also, don't really do "decent" bets these days but made an exception for this.

Just to say decent for me is around 50 notes. :D

• Advertisement

d1 left a small hole -10 in my pocket D2 Longchamps my remaining bank of 290 is spread among the followin: WIN fleurdiris, e/w angelbleu, e/wladyprincess, e/wthundernights, e/w winterpower, BIG e/w Pearlsgalore

and the Arc.... e/w Snowfall, e/w Chronogenesis

Olala Bonnechance et pain et vin

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like

Deep Bond at ew at 33-1

and

Mojostar ew at 33-1

seeing as up to 5 places on offer.

I saw the first minute of that and then the arse fell outta me stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭kksaints

Shock there anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone got the results?

• Advertisement

In all fairness that was a ridiculous result. I know the ground, the need to get home in the muck and so on made an outsider winning quite possible but his best rpr before this was 118.

Have to offer my deepest sympathies to our former? poster who now posts elsewhere. He had stated long before the race was off that he was trying to put €200 on at 110 with Betfair but the transfer between his bank and Betfair was messed up by them, leaving him with no bet in the race. ( Ouch )

Post edited by tryfix on

While looking for some logic to the Arc winner I came across something noteworthy which also shows how big an achievement it was for the speedier bred Tarnawa to finish so close to winning an Arc in that ground.

Basically Torquator Tasso emulated Waldgeist by reeling in the fast horses as their stamina ran out

It turns out that Torquator Tasso and Waldgeist have the exact same dosage index of 0.45 which shows that they contain a truly exceptional level of stamina.

D2 Longchamps with one winner and two 2nds leaves me with a final loss of 100 over the twodays looking forward to ARC22...

Advertisement