Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open water wetsuit

Options
  • 30-09-2021 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Time for me to buy a new wetsuit. I've busted my old zone3.

I tried a 2xu proper P2 and it is nice.

But I was also looking at the Blueseventy fusion or reaction.

I'll be swimming into the winter but have a thin base layer top that keeps me warm.

Has anybody any recommendations or tried the brands I listed? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Hi Bridest, am in the same boat as yourself but buying for the first time. What mm suit would you recommend and would you only be going for a full length suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

Hey,

Yes full length, you won't get use out of a short suit. Try go for something with at least 4 or 5mm in some areas around hip and or chest

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Hi all, looking at buying my 1st wetsuit for open water, budget circa 200 quid. Not sure if to buy online or not as I don't know my size & don't want to be messing about with returns etc. Where would the place to go bricks & mortar? In Cork area. Will travel if necessary.

Height wise I'd be 5ft 10/11, weight 95Kg, suppose 5mm thick full wet suit/neoprene would be the wat I am going. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Also looking for some advice, anyone seen any good deals out there at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement