Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing a Wikipedia Article

Options
  • 29-09-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Has anyone ever written one that has been accepted or anyone do any editing on it?

I tried writing one and got rejected for lots of reasons and seeing if anyone uses the website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭michael jay

no it really is not, some of the admins can be helpful while others are fairly horrible, its like a language of its own too.

I have written some in the past, on ecological topics, and have edited quite a few too.

I think it's important to be able to take criticism and feedback on board, and to try to be honest with yourself. Some subjects may be important to you, but not necessarily worthy of a Wikipedia entry. Having some knowledge of academic writing helps, the importance of sources, and use of neutral tone and terminology.

Editing before writing new articles could be useful, required edits are often flagged on pages, see if you can assess why they are necessary, and try them out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Your attempt was rejected, you have listed a number of problems you have had..... so what is your definition of difficult?

I once added a small paragraph to one to give little extra info. It appeared but was removed

Why would that be.? It was true and gave information that was not there already. It was not offensive or defamatory. I am just curious

Advertisement