Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to form or join a band.

Options
  • 28-09-2021 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey all.

37 year old bass, tenor banjo and mandolin player based in Clondalkin.

Ideally want to start or join an Irish ballad group, along the lines of The Dubliners would be fantastic.

But.. I'm also open to a rock/pop covers band with me on bass.

I'm playing tenor banjo for 2 years, and I'm not too bad if I say so myself.

Playing the bass for 18 years. So if you're looking for a solid, in the pocket type bass player, give me a shout!

I can't really sing, but can throw in some backing vocals if needed.

Eager to get playing again, so if I sound like your cup of tea, send me a message.

Keith.

Ps, here are links to me playing tenor banjo and bass.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonesy37Dublin

Bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 avblake225

Hey man,

I'm looking for someone to play some trad with - you sound like just the guy I need. I'm a lifelong guitarist and casual singer and would love to jam out a few Dubliners and Wolfe Tones tunes with a like-minded musician.

Are you based in Clondalkin?

Tony

p.s. I'm 33 yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BeeKay93

Hey ☺️ I'm a singer and basic guitarist, should we get a trad band up and running here in Dublin? With a view to busk/gig? I don't mind looking for other members too (drums, fiddle, whistle etc!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonesy37Dublin

Can you both pm me please :) Yeah I'm based in Clondalkin

Advertisement