Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should you have to pay for MRI results?

• 28-09-2021 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Quick one,

paid for initial consultation to see doctor - sent me to have MRI - results sent back to doctor (now she wants €40 review fee) to tell me the results even if it is just (yeah your all clear, that is all).

I have never heard of this regarding the same ailment I have heard of others getting their results over the phone weather its good or bad news

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's a repeat visit. I'd have though most doctors would charge for it.

You could ask for results over the phone and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CandyButcher

I did just that, and still the charge stands and to my surprise its €50

This is shocking especially if she tells me , all clear your good to go!

theres nothing I can do she has me at ransom for my results. Im just wondering is this out of the ordinary?

my misses and her mother has had results over the phone in a short phone call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Maybe think about switching doctor after this in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,813 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

40 euros is cheap...

a regular consultation with a GP is around 60 euros...

doesn't matter if it’s to only to impart test results... you are still taking their time and they are still working for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭airy fairy

If I've had tests like this, my GP would text if clear results, or ring with results and treatment if something noticed. Never paid for same.

If you're being charged for a regular gp to ring you with results then I'd be finding another doctor tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

My GP charges €60 every time you call. Be that for a repeat prescription call to the secretary, a follow up to get blood taken by the nurse, a call back if the prescribed medication does not work.

I’d change only no other GP is taking on new patients in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I had to pay €40 to get MRI results from my GP too, it's €20 to ask for a repeat prescription. This whole malarkey of not seeing patients is wearing thin, I spend hours waiting for a GP to call me back and then can't get a word in edgewise when he's on the phone as he's rushing to get the call over with. I wish I could sit in front of an actual human being and discuss my medical problems, not have to divulge them to the receptionist first and then get a hurried 2minute call by the GP.

Advertisement