Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I get a chemical tested in a lab?

• 28-09-2021 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I bought a cream from abroad but I'm skeptical that it contains what the ingredients say on the tube. I spent quite a lot of money on it and don't want to throw it out.

Can I get it sent to a lab for chemical anaylsis? I know these companies usually do it for other businesses but I'd like it done personally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

What do you want it tested for, as in what chemicals?

What do you think it contains vs what it says it contains.

It's not as easy or cheap as you may be thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Look into US base labs that are commercially runs for general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Inquire with some of the larger universities, they all have Material Science labs and do often provide analysis as a service. It may be a Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry machine which would do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Are you looking for a complete analysis to identify all the constituent ingredients and check that there isn't anything you wouldn't want in it?

Someone might be able to give a ballpark figure for what that type of analysis would cost but I'd be surprised if it would make financial sense unless you were analysing a sample from a bulk shipment.

Advertisement