Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accounting Exam Practice Question - AAT

Options
  • 27-09-2021 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Not sure if it's allowed and am sure it's very obvious but have a question on Closing Stock?

Does "costs to complete" have any relevance in Closing Stock?

Question is

Closing Stock 40,000 but dosent include following item:

Selling price: 10,000

Costs to date: 8,000

Selling Costs: 200

Costs to complete 2000

Is closing stock 40,000 - 200, or is it 40,000 + 2,200?....or am I completely losing it

Post edited by fragglerock77 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭DubCount

Stock is valued at the lower of cost and net realisable value.

The item not included has a cost (cost to date 8,000) and a net realisable value (Sales price 10,000 less selling cost 200 less cost to completion 2,000 = 7.800)

Closing stock is 40,000 + 7,800 = 47,800

I could be miles off, but thats what I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fragglerock77

@DubCount Thank you, that would make more sense...this online learning can be a right pain

Advertisement