Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone iPhone upgrade

Options
  • 27-09-2021 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having a problem with the Vodafone website to choose their iPhone 13 (128gb) upgrade?

I can choose a phone, and choose my bill plan, but there’s no button to proceed any further and the site throws an error?

ive tried on iPhone, iPad, Mac and windows laptop - none have a way to proceed beyond that stage.

their €100 off an upgrade is only valid until cob tomorrow, so it’s frustrating!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Did you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to "go to basket". That's there for me.

Nice offer of €100 but €60 per month minimum for 5G is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

I think there was an error on the site,maybe 3/4 days ago as well.I saw the 128Gb on offer at e849 on a one off payment.That disappeared and changed to the 25Gb for e929 on Friday night possibly.If,it was unlocked I would have gone through to a purchase for the 128Gb and possibly experienced sk8board difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Looked again at 3.39pm price for 256Gb has increased to e979.99 now.Missed a bargain at e849.99 on the 128Gb or e929.99 on 256Gb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

The annual Vodafone site crash on iPhone launch is an event now….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭sk8board

Update:

so it seems the basket on my account was stuck in some infinite loop, even days later and multiple sign out and in. Hence I had no ‘go to basket’ button at the bottom of the page.

spoke to Chat, asked them to clear my basket (they couldn’t/didn’t), but they could see the phone in the basket and did the order for me from there.

im on a €40/pm contract with a further €10 discount from my company’s loyalty programme, so it’s a decent deal to get the phone for €399 when my soon to be unlocked iPhone 11 is worth around the same (already sold to a family member).

btw: regarding the comments about the accidental price of €849, my partner bought one of those last year for the 12 launch, from curry’s, and sure enough the phone was delivered to the house on launch day. The price changed to €929 just after purchasing it. We expected them to cop it and do a mea cupla, but no :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good you got sorted.

Only thing I don't like about Vodafone's €40 package is how they restrict data speed to 10Mps and don't give you 5g which is one of the major benefits of having an iPhone 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Anybody know if these are locked to the Vodafone network only thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭sk8board

Yes, it’s locked to Vodafone for the 2 year contract. There’s no unlock code either - it’s unlocked at the network side when you request it after the two years

Advertisement