Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Nights

Options
  • 27-09-2021 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

We are holding an in person Open Night next week, by appointment. Just wondering what other schools are doing & is this against the guidelines? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

This has been suggested for my school to be held the week after mid term, I am disgusted to be honest. I don’t think they should be held in person this year. Some mumblings of discontent around but so far looks like not enough people will stand up to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It looks like everything reverting to normal after the 22nd.

Well, if you get the sniffles after the open night, get yourself tested.

Not sure what can be done to stop the open nights. But if numbers in the building exceed the legal limit for adults, maybe you could claim its against regulations? - honestly Im not sure what would be the solution to this. Interesting to hear the responses.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

No suggestion of an open night in our place, it was just mentioned in passing that of course it wouldn’t be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Why would you be disgusted? Life is getting back to normal. The public health emergency is over. Over 90pc of adults are vaccinated. You only get one run at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Why can’t I be disgusted, what other workplace is having hundreds of people rambling through it ? I have a number of vulnerable relatives and even though we are all vaccinated it doesn’t mean we are all safe. An open night is unnecessary and therefore should not be happening in person, it should be done online like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Ours is virtual this year. We always have a huge crowd at it so I'm happy its not in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Treppen

No way would we risk it.

If anything it's given our students a bit more of the limelight to record themselves going around the school. Rather than listen to teachers drone on about how their subject is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

having an open day on a saturday in november , i agree with it, show the school off in all its glory in daylight.have kids out on sports pitches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Love to have them try to have me come in on the weekend. Lead to a revolution. Lol.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Actually had 5 or 6 already expressing an interest in helping out or just being on the pitch, the senior team said they wouldnt mind a training session because were in middle of group games and a vital game coming up straight after mid term with very little prep done, even if we had 12 or so it would look the part. Not sure on insurNCE though so might not go ahead. Sorry just seen your reply is about teachers not students my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The staff won't thank you for it. Saturday is people's day off. Teachers give up enough free time for voluntary activities in the school. People have lives outside school. It wouldn't fly in my school.

Im not organising it thank god

Advertisement