Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bought building material in EU

Options
  • 26-09-2021 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In process of buying a site subject to planning. With the cost of building material, going up substantially. I was wondering has anyone bought big tickets item from wholesalers on the continent. And if so, was there any differents in product quality from that advertised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I know people who brought their new windows in from Poland. They’re a Polish couple though so was easier for them to organise. I think they said they got all the windows for the new extension for the cost of a single sliding door here. They’ve been happy with the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

You can buy stuff in from Poland if you know what your doing, a neighbour bough a kitchen in that way and I've bought stuff in from Lithuania for solid fuel heating but your want to be quite expert in what you are doing as you would be buying business to business rather than retail and that negates a lot of your protection.

Advertisement