Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Registry Office Exact Location. Caution Jobsworth Alert!!

• 26-09-2021 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

It's over a week now since we tied the knot in the Dublin Registry Office. We had a fantastic day. This is not the reason for my post though.

Before the ceremony in the Registry Office, we, like many other couples had no reason to go anywhere near Sir Patrick Dunn's Hospital.

This is the official address of the HSE Civil Registration Service Registry Office. The problem is that there is NO parking here. Our car drove in the gate of Sir Patrick Dunn's and there are NCPS paid parking signs all around the car park. I had NO idea that we were in the wrong place, until the resident "Jobsworth" comes out screaming that you can't park there! He is not in the least bit helpful to anyone and he definitely knows why you would think you are in the correct place as everyone is dressed up to the nines.

This seems to be his M.O. with everyone as he had more customers shortly after us. He then tells the driver that he can park on the left side of the car park, (where he can watch the car) and to make sure to come and "See Him" before we leave. Now there is local on-street metered parking, but it's not guaranteed and can be quite a distance away. Anyway, after the ceremony, I went back to the car and spoke to the driver, just as "Mr.J" makes an appearance to be looked after. I'm not here to complain about no free parking, but to alert anyone intending to use the Registry Office to maybe have a look at Google Maps and note the Exact Location of the Office you need to go to, as the address of Sir Patrick Dunn's, can be a bit misleading for a lot of couples and you'll have to be on the lookout for "special permission" to park for the duration of the ceremony.

Best of luck with him.... Rant Over !!

Advertisement