Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber choice for driveway gate

Options
  • 26-09-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Don't think my old gates are going to get through another winter and looking for some advice on timber choice and where to buy. Skill level is still beginner-ish maybe a bit higher but not much. I dont have a morticer or thicknesser/planer or any fancy stuff (yet) and will use a track saw and basic router.

I can do reasonable half laps for the main frame and put a slot in it to take some vertical boards and brace it. Nothing too fancy and I don't mind if its stained or painted.

I've often hear Larch is good choice for the Irish weather but I would like a bit of advice on the type of wood and where to buy. Anyone?

Comments

Advertisement