Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to work from maternity leave in civil service

Options
  • 26-09-2021 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm currently on maternity leave an will return to work again next year. I work as an AP in the civil service and I'm thinking of going back on reduced hours/part-time and was wondering whether anybody might have some advice/tips/feedback on what's possible and what other people have done. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It really depends on what your department will allow. Talk to your PO and HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

I work in the public sector and came back to work in 2019 from my second maternity leave on a four day week using parental leave. I wanted two half days initially but HR only allowed full days. This policy changed and I moved that to two half days last year. It's a 20% reduction in salary but only around 13% reduction in take home pay. The benefit of using parental leave is that it's a protected leave and you can come off it anytime. You also get to keep 100% annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jmd1234

Could anyone tell me how long you need to be working in civil service for maternity pay? Is it 6 months, 9months?

thanks

Advertisement