Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff basic and T16 disconnecting

Options
  • 25-09-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to this smart home stuff. Have a few plugs (teckin) that have worked great and never issues. Bought 4 sonoff basics to automate my lighting on top if my kitchen units and alos 3 t16s to operate my zoned central heating and boiler. I have a few shelly1 and 2.4s thst I intend to use behind a few light switches aswell but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

Heres my issue. I have set up a number of routines via alexa - turn on kitchen unit lights at 9pm and off at 11. Turn boiler on for 25 mins every second morning to heat water... Often these don't trigger or they inky turn in 2 of the sonoff basics for the light trigger. The same for the heating on of my t16s never triggers on the frist go so I've set the routine to wait 39 seconds and trigger it again. This seems to do the trick. Reading around would flashing them WITH tasmota make thme more reliable? The WiFi is great in the kitchen and at the boiler as i have repeater routers in both places. Just wondering is flashing them a good idea of will it give me more of a headache.

Any advise or help from someone experienced in this.. We all started at the beginning at some stage and I really enjoy all this home automation..

Cheers

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

You could do a test on one device ........ backup the existing firmware first and then flash the Tasmota firmware.

Tasmotizer provides the means to do this simply.

Advertisement