Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agupubs.online library?

Options
  • 25-09-2021 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

does anyone else have this consuming time on your iPhone in background? I have no named app, Google didn’t help me that direct me to a science library that I don’t use?

I do have the Irish library apps but don’t see a link and no such named app in my apps?

cheers

redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

That usually indicates a web page that has consumed the time. E.g. if I used Boards a lot, it will be broken out into a separate entry rather than being grouped under Safari.

Hace you got a tab running in the background that you’ve forgotten about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks for the reply @dubdj

so I do leave tabs open in the background but have never been to that address!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I’ve noticed this a few times recently and I’m not sure if it’s new to iOS 15 or not as the first time I noticed it was during the beta.

For me it was when I left Apollo (Reddit app) in the background with a webpage open it said it was running all night even though the app was in the background and the phone locked and charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah, sounds like one of the library apps you use could be opening that specific website url in a webview, so although the app is something different, it’s basically running the website instead the app.

Surprised Apple has it setup so in-app browsers etc are separated out into a different entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

ah Apollo I have installed @minikyu Ill look to pull that out temporarily and see what happens

• Advertisement
Advertisement