Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fisheries Officer with Inland Fisheries

Options
  • 23-09-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I see there are a number of vacancies for officers with Inland Fisheries. Just wondering does anyone have any information on what the job would be like? Any positives or negatives. Apologies if this is the wrong category I couldn't find anything else in relation to it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Negative = depending on your location, spending your spring/summer chasing salmon poachers...woudn't fancy that

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Depends on location really. Coastal areas will largely be enforcement based roles protecting migratory salmonids and bass stocks. Inland areas may have a dual role and therefore have a protection and or development role I.e. enforcing fishing legislation or installing/maintaining angling infrastructure. Some crews are development only others protection only while some are dual function. As I say depends on location and operational need. You may need to work unsocial hours or weekends. Positives would be working in beautiful outdoor environments. Negatives would be poor pay and confrontational situations. I would advise you to read the job descriptions and seek clarity from their HR dept regarding the specific locations you are considering applying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Fishingmad2013

Thanks a mil for the replies. I'd be looking at one of the inland locations when applying. I'll get onto the HR dept and see what info I can get. Cheers

Advertisement