Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How is it that non feedback topics keep popping up here?

Options
  • 23-09-2021 10:27am

It seems like, since the changes, we are getting more posts about non feedback topics than feedback.

Maybe I'm wrong and this always happened. If it's new, it would be a pretty good illustration of how bad things are, where posters are even struggling to ensure that their point is made in the right group.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's the same all over the entire Help & Feedback category. In the past it was often just the Newbies and FAQ forum, with the odd stray one in Helpdesk, for those who read the name as something far broader than it means.

I'd hazard a guess that when people hit categories on the new platform, they see Talk To and reckon that's a more general thing, not realising that on boards.ie it means a specific channel to a company, and boards.ie itself.

The spambots are all over the category too, but I've been nuking them prompt.

• Administrators Posts: 13,764 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

On mobile if you tap "New Discussion" you are asked to pick a category and the drop down list starts with Reported Posts and then the next option visible is Feedback. You'd have to scroll a lot to find a relevant forum.

I suppose anyone who is unfamiliar with the site just goes with that.

• Administrators Posts: 13,764 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Speaking of which, the list of categories doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason to it. Nothing to do with the migration, it was like that before! Nightmare trying to move a thread using the touch site.

So I can see why new members would pick the first, relevant looking topic from the list. I wouldn't be scrolling through trying to another heading!

Advertisement