Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone flown to Bulgaria recetly?

Options
  • 23-09-2021 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I understand that Bulgaria has placed Ireland on their red list, so we need a PCR test as well as a Covid vax cert.

If you've visited, can you tell me if these PCR certs are being checked? If so, is it done before you board the plane, or when you arrive.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Bump!

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

You can expect your PCR test to be checked by the airline at checkin/boarding gate and at immigration (or by dedicated health official just after) when arriving in Bulgaria. They are typically strict.

"The "Red" countries list includes Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Lithuania."

"Holders of a valid EUDCC for vaccination or recovery, who are nationals, permanent or long-term residents (including their family members) of Bulgaria, other EU or EEA countries, or Switzerland, arriving from “Red” countries, can enter Bulgaria upon presentation of a negative pre-departure PCR test done up to 72 hours prior to arrival. The following exceptions are foreseen:

• Nationals, permanent or long-term residents (including their family members) of Bulgaria, who present only one of those two documents, are admitted to the country and must undergo a 10-day quarantine. Quarantine may be revoked upon submission of a document showing a negative PCR test taken within 24 hours from entering the country.
    • Nationals, permanent or long-term residents (including their family members) of Bulgaria, who do not present either of those two documents, are admitted to the country and must undergo a 10-day quarantine.
    • Other EU, EEA or Swiss nationals, permanent or long-term residents (including their family members), who do not present a valid EUDCC for vaccination or recovery, but only a negative pre-departure PCR test done up to 72 hours prior to arrival, are admitted to the country and must undergo a 10-day quarantine.
    • 12-18 years old kids can enter Bulgaria upon presentation of a valid negative pre-departure PCR test done up to 72 hours prior to arrival. Those, who do not present such document, are admitted to the country and must undergo a 10-day quarantine. Quarantine may be revoked for kids of Bulgarian nationality or for kids with permanent or long-term residence in Bulgaria upon submission of a document showing a negative PCR test taken within 24 hours from entering the country."

Thank you. I'm here now. No checks at boarding in Dublin but on arrival, everyone was being checked.

Anyone without the necessary docs was being funnelled into a queue for testing. Presume it was rapid antigen testing?

It didn't fill my heart with joy to see how many of the passangers I'd shared the flight with hadn't got their tests/ vaccines!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Was it testing or was it just quarantine registration?

I think it is a lot of people preferring to do a test after arriving in Bulgaria (and quarantine until the result) rather than before. Cost probably has something to do with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement