Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Vitus from EU

• 19-09-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭ BoardsMember

Son very keen on a Vitus Centier VR 29. Is there any way to buy from EU? Want to avoid import duty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ mamax

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭ loyatemu

CRC are UK aren't they? Same company as Wiggle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ednwireland

yes but they sort vat import duty etc

"

Taxes and Duties

Prices include all taxes and customs duties. You will not be required to pay import tax or duty when your order arrives at customs.

Domestic VAT of the destination country will be applied for consignments with a net value of goods totalling less than €150. If this affects your order, this VAT will already be included in the price listed"

But vitus brand is owned by CRC as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭ steve-o

Good luck getting anything from Vitus! They have big supply problems and there's rarely anything in stock. That said, the Belfast CRC store got a few Sentiers in at the weekend, so if you act quickly they might have what you are looking for

ETA: Belfast stock is not listed online. You need to contact the store directly to find out what they have

Post edited by steve-o on

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭ mad turnip

Keep an eye on this page. Probably not getting them in anytime soon though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭ BoardsMember

Thanks for the responses.

Anyone got any bright ideas where I might source a large hard tail bike with similar spec, accepting I probably won't get near the same value for money. Or else, something around the €1400 price point. Very little put there, it seems. Even considering 2nd hand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ednwireland

https://www.rosebikes.com/bikes/mtb/cross-country/count-solo

How about rosebikes

Soz most sizes out of stock ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭ mad turnip

A bit more expensive but a decent trail bike. Prices are a bit mad for some of these hardtails this year. Not a great time to buy a bike though the 2022 stock will be in within 2 months.

I might be going mad but I swear I saw biking.ie instagram video up of some new bikes they got (seems a bit early for them) so they may have some second hand ones they are looking to sell. With covid shutdowns they won't have been ridden as much as other years. That said the bikes are ridden quite a bit.

If you get really stuck I was thinking of selling my Vitus 2019 Escarpe full sus trail bike (medium) for around that price but I was just going to hold onto it. So pm me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭ BoardsMember

Thanks for the suggestions....

@mad turnip - buying for 6ft height, so planning on L frame. I'll keep an eye on biking.ie

Advertisement